You love your dog or cat. They’re a valued member of your family, so of course you want to feed them good food that will help them feel their best and stay healthy. Consider a raw food diet. Feeding a well-balanced diet that includes raw meat, poultry, fish, eggs, fruits and vegetables can provide pets with the essential nutrients they need for optimal health.
When you switch your dog or cat to a raw food diet, here are some of the health benefits you can expect:
- Improved digestion – Raw food contains enzymes that help dogs digest their food, preventing indigestion and optimizing nutrient absorption.
- Healthier skin and coat – With nutrients such as Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, raw food helps dog’s skin and fur look and feel its best.
- Cleaner teeth – Chewing on raw bones and meat helps clean a dog’s teeth and minimize the risk of dental issues.
- Better breath – Along with cleaner teeth comes better smelling breath. Who wouldn’t want that!
- Less poop – Eating a healthy raw diet results in smaller, less smelly poops, a result that makes pet owners happy.
- Stronger immune system – The nutrients found in raw food can help boost a dog’s or cat’s ability to fight potential illness and maintain overall health.
- Increased energy – With all the nutrients found in raw food, dogs are more lively and have more energy.
- Reduced allergies – Many cats and dogs have allergies to the grains and fillers used in processed dog and cat food. They have fewer allergies to raw food.
- Better weight control – Yes, dogs and cats need to watch their figures too. Because raw food is higher in protein and fiber and lower in carbohydrates, it’s lower in calories. It helps with weight management, preventing many of the issues that can arise with being overweight. Additionally raw foods are nutritionally better quality, which means your dog can eat less and feel satisfied.
- Improved overall health – Good health is closely tied to proper nutrition. Raw food provides the essential nutrients that can help prevent illness and ensure your pet feels their best.
While a raw diet might be the right choice for your dog or cat, it’s best to use a professionally prepared food. Without the heating process to kill harmful bacteria, you need to take special precautions.
Wild Coast Raw has extremely strict sanitation and testing measures in place to ensure our food is safe. Additionally, all of the our diets have been tested to meet AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) requirements, which lets you know the food contains essential ingredients and is complete and balanced.